Thursday, August 25, 2005

6 months

I just happend to look at my blog today because I got an question from someone about sending a java email message with high priority. It is amazing the way the web has become such a resource of information. I had posted the email code primarily as a resource for me in the future if I ever need to figure something like tht out again. It got posted on a Sun Java forum and now I get emails all of the time asking about different email situations. I am glad to help and hopefully am able to answer people's questions.

I have had to chance to play around with a lot of home networking type gear lately due to my WISP business. Some of it has been really good, like the Linksys WRT54G Wireless Router. My company secured a contract with a condo development and we have these routers deployed in 20 buildings. I have had to add more powerful antennas to them to get better coverage through the 3 floors of each condo building, but they have worked really well. They have good security features including WPA and MAC address filtering, both of which are very easy to set up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.