Tuesday, February 22, 2005

QFi Systems and iGo

I have taken the plunge and am starting my own company. I have wanted to start my own company for a while, but haven't had the right opportunity. Well, I think that has come along. Myself and a friend are starting a wireless internet service provider (WISP). Our name is QFi Systems. We are going to be providing internet access in Eagle Mountain, UT. We are starting small but we feel like we have great potential. The only competition we have is the city owned DSL, which is expensive and not very reliable, and another wirless internet service provider, who is really struggling right now. We are hoping that this can turn into a very nice side business, with the potential to get even bigger. I have been reading everything I possibly can about starting a WISP, but if anybody has any suggestions or ideas please let me know. And if you know anybody in Eagle Mountain, UT let them know to sign up!

I have been playing around with a new gadget lately as well. I recently was given an iGo Juice 70 along with some additional accesories. What a sweet little gadget. Now I leave the power supply for my laptop at work because I can use the iGo at home. And the flexibilty of the multiple tips combined with auto/airplane connectivity makes it a great travel accessory. If you have the chance I would definitely check one of these out. Too bad they don't have a USB tip for my BlackBerry, but I guess I can charge my laptop while plugging in my BlackBerry...

No comments: