Saturday, January 01, 2005

Happy New Year

Well, 2005 is here. I am excited for this year. I think there are some really exciting things in the works that could make it a great year. It will be interesting to see how things work out. We have had a great Christmas. We have been at my wife's parent's house in Atlanta. It has been nice to have a break from work but I am also ready to get back to it on Monday.

Christmas is always a great time of year to both give and receive gadgets. I was lucky enough to do both this year. I gave my brother-in-law the Griffin iTrip for iPod. He got a 20 gig iPod from his mother-in-law and I know that the iTrip is the perfect accessory. I have on for my iPod mini and also have a Belkin transmitter for my Dell DJ. The iTrip works much better than the Belkin. I would prefer to have a tape adapter but my car stereo doesn't have a tape player.

I also received a couple of great new gadgets. The first gadget is a Plantronics M2500 Bluetooth Wireless Headset. My wife gave me this little beauty for Christmas. I have the T-Mobile Blackberry 7100t and have wanted a bluetooth headset ever since I bought it. It has worked perfectly. I pulled it out of the packaging, turned it on and my phone picked recognized it immediately. It has been very easy to use and I love the form factor. The sound quality is clear and the people on the other end of my call have told me they can't tell that I am using a handsfree. I have been very pleased with this gadget.

I was given some money for Christmas and was able to buy a gadget that I have had my eye on for a long time. I bought the Bose QuietComfort 2 Noise Cancelling Headphones. These things are expensive for a pair of headphones, but they are worth every penny! I had tried them in the Bose store a number of times and always thought they were pretty cool, but I hadn't really been in an environment to really test their noise cancelling ability. Then I got in the car. As my wife was driving home I put them on without even plugging them into my iPod. I turned on the headphones and was absolutely blown away. They reduced the car noise to nearly zero. If I hadn't known better I would have thought that my in-law's Honda had sudenly turned into a BMW. The difference was remarkable. I am flying home tomorrow and can't wait to try them out on the airplane. After my trip I will post an updated post with how they worked on the airplane.

I wish everyone a happy and safe New Year!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jared, you should put up some contact info. I'd like to contact you about reviewing some software for your 7100t, and I'd like to give it to you for free, but I don't see how I can contact you.