Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Back in the Saddle

It is time to dust off my blog. I have had this blog for over 4 years and it has been very neglected. I have been working on my business (QFi Systems) almost that entire time and I am excited to say it is coming to an end. It looks like I am going to be able sell it in the next couple of weeks. When that is officially complete, I will be sure to post an official announcement.

I am also working on some new projects and am excited to track the details of these. One of the things I am doing is building a couple of iPhone apps. I am in the final stages of uploading my initial test app. It is a basic mortgage/loan calculator app. The thing I think I have done a little differently with this app, as compared to other mortgage calculators, is the special "what-if" section. Obviously it allows a user to calculate the effect of extra payments, but it also enhances those extra options by letting a user figure out what the effect would be if they skipped buying their mocha latte or Big Mac and applied that money to their loan. This is going to be a free app, with the idea that I am learning about the iPhone development/distribution process. I will be working on some other apps that I hope to be able to sell.

I have also been doing a lot of php development over the last year, including building a couple of Facebook apps. I intend on posting information about some of these things as time goes on. I have been just dipping my toe into these and other topics over the last couple of years and I am now jumping in with both feet. Come along for the ride...

No comments: